Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Friday, April 29, 2011

Michelle William's Pixie Look Continues to Dominate In The Pages Of Interview Magazine



The ever illuminating and graceful, Michelle Williams, looks better than I've ever seen her despite the many magazine covers she's appeared on as of late. This May cover issue of Interview magazine is hands down my favorite featured editorial of hers.

She's been on the pages of Marie Claire, Angeleno, and W magazine this year and I can only hope that this train of real poised celebrity actors will one day again be the only faces we see on magazine stands everywhere (no more false and unauthentic celebs please).

On achieving admirable roles and the career path she's carved out for herself. Also wondering what makes her take a particular role and what makes her turn a role down..."How do I say this? It’s like a mechanism in my life that runs on its own. When other things in my life don’t, and are broken and aren’t going well, for some reason my decision-making mechanism has a little engine of its own, and it’s fine. So I don’t overthink it. I’ve come to learn that the choices I labor over and go back and forth about and ask a million people for their opinions and make lists about . . . those are always the wrong choices. I’ve definitely made a couple of those, and that’s how I know now that it’s not the best way for me to decide."

Knowing she was born in Montana, but is she of Scandinavian descent..."I’m Norwegian."

Her mom has a Scandinavian-sounding maiden name, Swenson. Did she ever hear Norwegian in the household, or did she ever go back to Norway..."No, I’ve never been, and my mom didn’t speak it. We made a lot of lefsa, a Norwegian dessert, to compensate. I was talking to my grandma on the phone maybe a month ago, and she said, “Did you ever hear this story about Inge? Inge Jacobin?” I said, “No, but it’s a great name, Inge Jacobin. Tell me about Inge Jacobin.” Inge Jacobin would be my great, great grandmother, I think, and she was a stowaway. At 15 years old, she got on a boat from Norway, made it to Ellis Island, and then hopped on a covered wagon, and that’s how they got to Montana. I found that out after I made Meek’s."
"ONE OF THE BEST THINGS—AND SOMETHING I’M GRATEFUL FOR EVERY TIME I WALK ONTO A FILM SET—IS MY SIX AND A HALF YEARS ON DAWSON’S CREEK AND THE EXPERIENCE IT AFFORDED ME IN HOW TO GET COMFORTABLE WITH THE CAMERA. BEST ACTING CLASSES I EVER TOOK." —MICHELLE WILLIAMS

On traveling in a covered wagon being in her blood..."Yes, some part of me has done this journey before."

On going off and living by herself at the age of 15..."I did. It gave me so much comfort. Why did I have that urge? I think it was Inge Jacobin’s bones kicking around in me."

On shooting the film in Oregon in the heat and in heavy costumes..."I know! The dresses . . . I miss that. The only part of your body left exposed to the sun were your hands. My hands have aged at a rate disproportionate to the rest of my body because of being out there in the hot sun for two months. You couldn’t keep sunscreen on your hands; you were just sort of filthy all the time."

On how she and Ryan Gosling prepared for the second half of Blue Valentine..."We spent the first couple of weeks in the house just doing the dishes and making meals, taking out the trash and balancing out the budget and making home movies. But that wasn’t getting us to the place that we needed to go, so [director Derek Cianfrance] had us step it up, and he would ask us to pick fights with each other….First he did this ceremony where he had wedding pictures taken of us, and he took a framed wedding picture and put it in a wheelbarrow with fireworks that we bought at the grocery store, and he doused it with kerosene and we lit it on fire and watched it burn. But the crazy thing is, it didn’t burn all the way—it burned into a heart around our faces, around our kiss. He couldn’t destroy it."

Scoot over to InterviewMagazine.com and get the full cover story!





Below is Michelle's movie trailer for thee upcoming film, "Meek’s Cutoff".

No comments:

Post a Comment