Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Joan Rivers Spills Her Thoughts On The Upcoming Royal Wedding


Fashion writer, Leah Chernikoff, along with company writes about her run-in with comedic legend Joan Rivers,
"Last night we stopped by a presentation of LensCrafters sunglasses (from classic Ray-bans to Tory Burch you can have a prescription put into just about any pair) mostly because Joan Rivers was the “special guest.”

Rivers won our hearts with her documentary A Piece of Work, and she’s got the sharpest tongue out there so we couldn’t wait to find out what she was doing at LensCrafters and grill her about the thing that everyone can’t stop talking about.

Fashionista: So what brings you here?
Joan Rivers: Sunglasses add glamor. If women don’t get that they’re wrong. You can be wearing schleppy jeans and a stupid shirt and you put on big glasses and suddenly there’s a little Audrey Hepburn there.

So we have to ask, what are your thoughts on the royal wedding?
It’s very exciting. I sent them a George Foreman grill. I think they’ll like it. I would like to see them on the royal balcony grilling.

Us too! Why do you think everyone is so damn obsessed?
It’s nice for the world to look at something pretty and fantasy. I love that she’s a commoner because that means it can happen to anybody. I think that’s the reason we’re all so riveted. If she had been a stupid inbred royal you wouldn’t have cared that much.

What are your plans for the big day?
I wasn’t asked because I’m a friend of Camilla’s and apparently a lot of Camilla’s friends were kind of not asked. But hey, it’s a fairy tale. I just hope nobody screws it up."

"TMI with Joan Rivers."



Joan Rivers On David Letterman - 01.14.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment