Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Monday, April 18, 2011

Jill Scott




Jill Scott brings the right amount of sass and attitude on her new single "Shame", after recently signing with Warner Bros Records on a new distribution deal. This comes as a sigh of relief for me since there was originally conflict between Jill and her former label. After being sued and later counter-suing her former record label, Hidden Beach Media, us fans were left wondering, will we ever hear new sounds from the great Miss Scott?

Well, like with any natural talent, conniving business folks can only keep us down for so long. Our reign always returns in due time. Neo/Soul singer-songwriter-poet-actress, Jill Scott, exemplifies this notion perfectly. She is ready to deliver and move away from her past. Her upcoming album entitled, "The Light Of The Sun", is scheduled for release in early summer. Get a taste of this new offering featuring former 'Ruff Ryders' rapper Eve, as Jill sends a message to her former label and naysayers,
" I tried and tried to make you understand, you don’t believe it. It’s a shame! You’re missing out on all the good things, you can’t see a damn thing! aha! Maybe I got it all together, that you think, maybe I do! Cause oh, i’m fresh and cold. I can find on my own, i’m magnificent!"

Hollah! Don't we understand this feeling all to well kiddas? This is when I insert a famed quote I like to share from time to time, "Why Do People Destroy What Was Once Nice, And Wonder Why It's Not Nice Anymore".

Dig all the raw and sassiness Jill has to offer below.




No comments:

Post a Comment