Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Breaking Bread: Meet Maggie Eckford




We were pleasantly surprised to hear more astounding music from Indie/Pop/Folk singer-songwriter Maggie Eckford, after hearing her upbeat and happily infectious tune 'For What It's Worth'.

Maggie describes her influences as Ray Lamontagne, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bon Iver, Angus and Julia Stone, Kings of Leon, and Feist. Well dang! Now that's a list of influences. But we must say, she is an artist all her own even at this early stage of her career. We find her adorably wonderful in lyrics, melody and persona. Like we always say, what should always matter most, the music.

I am a southern girl from Mississippi. I've been writing songs since I was about 14 years old. I picked up my life and moved to Sydney, Australia about 2 years ago to study music and write. It turns out that a change of scenery is just what I needed. I began writing and playing small shows wherever I could, and it wasn't long before I was introduced to a Canadian producer who offered to help produce my first album. I flew to the snowy Canadian countryside in January 2010, and in May released my debut album "for what it's worth" on iTunes. The album has since then been very successful, and I have been amazed at the response. Now that I'm back on American soil, I am happy to say that I am able to do what I love for a living. I have landed several placement deals since I returned, including a deal with Apple as well as multiple Canadian tv series. I am currently writing for my next album, which should be released in the spring or summer of this year.

Meet Maggie Eckford below!

Tune: Asleep


Tune: For What It's Worth





For more on Maggie visit her facebook at facebook.com/maggieeckford

No comments:

Post a Comment