Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Friday, March 25, 2011

Kat Dennings Is Sassy Beautiful


Itsnotyouitsme darling Kat Dennings, stole my heart in such films as the sharp-tongued beaut Norah, in "Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist" and as Mona, the introverted sorority girl in "The House Bunny". She's since been kept under that ever blinding hollywood radar but that can all change come this summer when she stars in the big budget comic book film, 'Thor'.

Dig a few excerpts from Kat's Complex magazine article below kiddas.

On her favorite thing about herself..."Jesus, that’s a really hard question. I think I’m a loyal friend. That’s very important."

On What her friends get out of that..."I don’t know, it depends...friendships are so different, from person to person. I appreciate each of my friends as the person they are and try to respect them and love them in the way that they need. Be there for them."

On whether she did any Hannibal Lecter impressions for [Thor co-star] Anthony Hopkins..."[Laughs.] Oh, Jesus. No! That would have been horrible! No. I was way too awestruck to do anything offensive."

On if she felt self-conscious around him..."No. We didn’t have any scenes together, so the only time I really saw him was the table read. If he says one line, the whole room is silent, just leaning in to hear every word. No pun intended, it’s like being around a god."


On what it was like being home-schooled..."It was good. I took charge of my education towards the end of it. I just couldn’t deal with being in the tiny room with my parents anymore. But it worked great. I don’t think I could have dealt with traditional school, just the way my brain is wired. But I graduated when I was 14, so, it worked. I have to do things my own way."

On whether she thinks she missed out on the social component of school..."I think there’s an element of that, but nothing I missed. Nothing that hurt me."

On whether she agree's that naked men look disgusting..."No. Some of them are, sure. But not all of them, no."

On what sets actors apart? Why do some make it and others don’t..."I don’t know. If I knew, I would do that. I would do whatever it is. People make the mistake of drinking the Kool-Aid, believing your own hype, letting people tell you you’re this or you’re that or you’re too this. Just listen to yourself and take the roles that challenge you and try to do a good job. If you do that, if you’re honest about things, you can’t get too far astray. If it’s about the work for you, then you’re gonna go far. If it’s about the glitz and anything else, forget it, you’re in it for the wrong reasons."

On what other comic book characters she's into besides Thor..."Besides Thor? I know it’s weird, but I always really loved the Silver Surfer when I was a kid. I don’t know why, it was probably all the silver, I was into it. And anything with girls. I was always into Supergirl and Wonder Woman. Any kind of lady."

On What she would like to change about herself..."That list keeps growing. [Laughs.] That’s a process. I’m still young and I’m hoping to learn as I grow."


Dig more of Kat's complete cover story over at Complex.com








No comments:

Post a Comment